Monday, March 8, 2010

Winter Special Olympics

From National Pancake Day I headed to Great Falls to watch my sister in the Northern Divisional Basketball Tournament. The Knights did a great job! After I spent the weekend with my family I headed to the BEAUTIFUL town of Whitefish. First of all, what a fabulous group of athletes we have involved with Special Olympics in Montana! Once I arrived in Whitefish I headed right to the parade. Annie Anseth, Miss Montana, was there and it was so nice to meet and get to know her. A dealership in Kalispell provided vehicles for Annie and me to ride in for the parade. Annie was given a camaro and I got to ride in a fully loaded Cadillac with a sun roof. I must say I had a great time hanging out the top of the car in the parade.
After the parade we went to the opening ceremonies. It was great to see the team from Havre. I just saw Keeley again a few days ago and we talked about keeping in touch through email.









After the opening ceremonies I was able to meet several of the athletes and signed a TON of autograph sheets. When I was visiting with the athletes I discovered snow shoeing is a big event for the athletes. I have never snowshoed and am now considering giving it a shot. A big thanks to Jon and Lynette Ludvisken for inviting me to be in the parade and for letting me stay in their beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers