Monday, May 17, 2010

Billings Outlaws Game

James Walton "Mr. Saturday Night"

On May 8th, I was invited to flip the coin at the beginning of the Billings Outlaws Game. Thank you to Linda Rest and Lucille Hill for setting this awesome appearance up for me. I had never been to an indoor arena football game so I was very excited for the event. I just might be hooked! The outlaws were playing the Fairbanks Grizzlies. During the pregame I had the chance to meet some of the players and got to see what all happens behind the scenes of the game. When it was time for me to flip the coin, I was introduced and walked out with one of the officials. Luckily, the coin was pretty big and I just had to toss it in the air, rather than flipping it like a quarter. I even got to KEEP the coin! My friend Lorissa and I were able to watch the game from the VIP section, we were so close to the field, Lorissa was almost hit by a tumbling player!! At half time I headed up to the main concourse where I signed several autograps, including a kid's forehead. After the first half, we were able to sit right behind the team. That was REALLY cool. We were able to hear what the coaches were saying to the players. The Outlaws ended up winning 46-24. Thanks to Andy & Linda Rest and Lorissa Harris for letting me stay at their house, even though I had my basset hound, Josie. Lorissa's dog, Quigly and Josie got along great
Gunsmoke




These boys were such a hoot. They couldn't
stop laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers