Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ellensburg

I headed to Ellensburg, Washington for the Miss Rodeo Washington Pageant and the Ellensburg Rodeo, it was quite the drive, but I got to finish my book on tape which was nice. Katie Garfield, Miss Rodeo Washington and Ashley Ziegler, Miss Rodeo Oregon were both there. I really enjoyed watching the pageant and getting to know the contestants. They even let me do a personal interview with the judges for practice. I was kind of nervous to at first, but in the end was very glad that I did. Throughout the week it was a pleasure getting to know Katie’s family in Yakima. They opened up their home to me and made us some very good meals. I have friends that live in Yakima, Dani, Ross & their son Caden, along with Sharon and Wally and they were all able to make it one performance. Thank you to Gary and Jody Rempel for letting me ride their horse Rainbow in the grand entry serpentine and the wall run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers