Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wildest One Day Rodeo in the West


The last weekend in June, I headed to Augusta for the "Wildest One Day Rodeo in the West." I started the day off with an autograph session and shopping spree at Latigo and Lace. What a cute store! I took a ton of pictures and signed many autographs. Virgil Hershberger was there and treated me with a beautiful bracelet. After Latigo and Lace, I headed over to the rodeo grounds. Thanks to Sue and Bailey Jo Thompson for hauling their perfect mare, Lily for me to ride. I just love that horse!! Tesla, Miss Big Sky Pro Rodeo and Crystal BSPR Princess also attended the rodeo. I was honored to carry the American Flag in the grand entry, as the other girls brought in Montana and American Legion. We helped clear the arena during steer wrestlinng and tie down roping. Brent Jordan gave me some great recognition throughout the rodeo, thanks so much for that. After the saddle bronc I headed back into the arena to throw the prize winning tennis balls and I was actually able to throw them up there pretty high :) The grandstands were packed as usual in Augusta ,which is one reason they call it "The Wildest One Day Rodeo in the West." The Rocky Mountain Photography Class was there, and I truley felt like a celebrity with paparazzi following me. It was definately fun for a day! Overall the Augusta Rodeo was a total blast! You must experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers