Friday, July 16, 2010

Cowboy Christmas!!

The first week in July was a busy one for me. I headed to Cody, Wyoming for the Cody Stampede. I could only be there for two days, but they took such great care of me there and really made me feel welcome. Erin, Miss Rodeo Wyoming and Kelli, Miss Rodeo America were there along with several other local queens. The first night we got to know a few of the visiting royalty while we enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Rib & Chop House. The next morning we had breakfast with the rodeo committee and contract personal. It seems like all we ever do is eat! After breakfast we were invovled in a local radio interview, I only said a few words, but feel like I represented our Montana cowboys well! Later that day we were treated to a trolley ride of Cody. The trolley was packed with people. They asked lots of questions about the rodeo and rodeo queening. I met people from all over the world while in Cody. From Cody I headed to Red Lodge for the Home of Champions Rodeo. Each day, the local royalty and I were in the parade. It got bigger and better each day. I put on a kiddie rodeo and met a family from Rhode Island. They were very interested in rodeo and asked me how they could help the cowboys financially. I talked to them about the Justin Cowboys Crisis Fund and are serioulsy considering. I am anxious to see what they do. I had never been to Red Lodge before and the number of people at the rodeo was amazing! The best of the best cowboys and cowgirls were there and that definately spices things up. My mom came along with me and we had alot of fun shopping. After Red Lodge, I headed to Wolf Point for the Wild Horse Stampede!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers