Saturday, February 13, 2010

Outdoor Show/Cowboy Hall of Fame



Hey Everyone,



I had another very successful weekend! Saturday morning I headed to Great Falls to represent the Montana Fur Trappers at the Great Rockies Sport Show held at the Four Seasons. It is so amazing how they can turn that building from one thing to another in no time. Libby was able to join me and we, as usual, had a great time together. When we first got to the show, the Real Hunting magazine guys snagged us for another picture and are going to put it in their next issue. I kept hearing people say, "let's go see the bears." Well the first thing I thought of was they must have stuffed bears somewhere, well come to find out they had REAL bears in the building. Libby and I were able to catch a show. The bears seemed pretty lazy, I would be too if someone woke me up from hibernating. My favorite bear was named "Andy" and he was the biggest and could ride a scooter. For treats, the trainer would give him skittles and he was sure to let them know he was not going without his treat. Libby and I were a little nervous wearing a furs and decided that if something were to happen and the bears got loose we would ditch the fur so we didn't look like food.. just kidding fur trappers :) I would NEVER ditch my beautiful fur!! We saw some of the same people from the outdoor show the weekend before. The Speed Goat Decoy boys were there and gave us antelope heads and shirts this week. Libby and I love our antelope heads, my dog Josie doesn't. She runs when I put it on.
After our visit with the fur trappers, we headed to Lewistown for the Cowboy Hall of Fame "Circle of Wagons." We sold raffle tickets and heads and tails tickets, showed off the live auction items and had a great time socializing with everyone. The staff at the Yogo Inn in Lewistown were absolutely wonderful. Libby and I were looking for a place to get ready and they gave us a private hotel room to freshen up. Not all hotels will do that! A big thanks goes out to Jack and Kristi Stensland for inviting us to the Cowboy Hall of Fame banquet. What a success it was. After the banquet the Gill's invited me to stay in their home again. I just love it their and love staying with them. Sunday, Kate (my new national director) and I were able to meet up and talk about my year. Overall, I had a great weekend and can't wait to see what comes up next.

Thats all for now,






Jourd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers