Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NRA Finals


First of all, what a great job Ty Yost did putting on the Northern Rodeo Association Finals. It was a pleasure working with him and his crew. Also, thank you to Sparky Dreesan from Big Circle Rodeo Company. He brought two horses, Jack and Strawberry, for Libby and I to ride during the rodeo. They were such sweet horses and I would take them home with me in a second. Thursday was the first day of events for me. I started by doing a school visits at West Elementary School in Laurel and Hanna Heckman (Miss Montana High School Rodeo), Ben Clements (rodeo announcer) and Scott Cameron (rodeo clown) joined me and I was so thankful for that. I was a bit nervous for my first school and they made it very easy for me. We put on a stick horse rodeo, signed some autographs and talked about making good choices. The kids were so fun and loved participating in the events. That night was the first performance of the rodeo. Libby and I helped carry sponsor flags on our trusty steeds, Jack and Strawberry.






Friday morning, Jessica, a MaryKay consultant came over and helped Libby and I with out makeup, then we headed to the MATE to sign autographs as the Stockton Oil and Nutrilix booths (2 big sponsors for the NRA rodeo). That afternoon we went to Sandstone Elementary in the Billings heights and did a school vists/stick horse rodeo. http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/local/vmix_433684b2-1d9c-11df-bb31-001cc4c03286.html That night at the rodeo Libby, Hanna and I had the opportunity to meet and greet the Kentucky Headhunters. We got their autographs and gave them ours too!

Saturday, we got up in the morning and went out to thank some sponsors for Miss Rodeo Montana. Lou Tauberts was our first stop, Anita was out of the store but hopefully I will catch her next time I am in Billings. Our second stop was Hippie Cowgirl where we found out she would sponsor a pair of Ferrinni boots of our choice. Let me tell you, Libby and I flipped through that magazine a bazillion times before we made a decision. After visiting the sponsors, we did a live radio remote at Lithia Dodge. Some of the NRA contestants and directors were able to make it, which gave the people listening an insight on what happens on both ends of the arena. Saturday was the final round for the NRA rodeo and what a rowdy rodeo it was. My experience at the NRA rodeo was a very positive one!


Happy Trails,


Jourdon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers