Monday, August 2, 2010

Beef & Beans/Great Northern Fair/Marias County Fair and Rodeo.



Once we arrived back in Montana, we headed to Billings to send my sister to Australia. While I was there I attended the Montana Pro Rodeo Hall and Wall of Fame Beef and Beans Dinner. This was a dinner that honored the high school scholarship recipients and me! Thank you again to all of the members for your support and giving me a scholarship as well. I headed back to the hi-line for the Great Northern Fair and Rodeo in Havre and the Marias County Fair and Rodeo in Shelby. What a nice feeling to see so many familiar faces. There is nothing better than being at your hometown rodeo, it really makes a girl feel good. The Great Northern Rodeo was the biggest NRA rodeo in Montana this year. They had a huge payout and over 400 contestants signed up. Miss Indian Rodeo, Tiffany Sinclair is from Browning, Montana, and she was able to be in Havre as well. The Marias Fair and Rodeo is in Shelby, Montana, just 60 miles from my hometown. Even though I was so close to home, I didn’t make it home. However, my parents came to see me and brought my little basset hound Josette. It was Brookman rodeo so I got to hang out with Tasha and Tessa Wiefrich. They even conned me into going into “The Black Hole.” It was a fair attraction that made you feel like you were spinning upside down. I was right behind a group of kids and they wouldn’t let me out. I was so glad we decided to go through it after the rodeo. The girls are still teasing me for getting scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers