Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Daddy of Em All




WoW what a rodeo. It reminded me a lot of the Calgary Stampede. When rodeo queens think of Cheyenne they think of the famous “fly by.” Instead of doing a normal queen’s run around an arena, you run as fast as you can down a straight away of the racetrack. It was indescribable and the only two words I have to say are, “adrenaline rush.” Pete and Gerrie Corrneau opened up their home to Miss Rodeo Kansas, Danielle Dinges, and I. It was great getting to know Danielle along with Pete and Gerrie. During my few days at the “Daddy of Em All,” I was able to see the Aaron Tippen and Neal McCoy concerts and they both have so much energy! The parade in Cheyenne was the longest parade I have ever been in. My arm was very sore from waving by the end of it. Right before I had to catch my plane, we headed to the Cheyenne Indian Village. While, we were there they honored us and we got to learn how they dance. It is alot harder than it looks! We also attended the Cowgirls of the West Brunch and Fashion Show. I had the best conversation with my table. They were all great ladies. Sandy, sponsored my ticket to be at the brunch, and turns out she is Cody Buller's aunt. Because he is a bull rider from Montana, she likes to sponsor the Montana queen. :) Another hilight of Cheyenne is the pancake breakfast. It was so fun to be able to flip the pancakes. Good thing the pancake catchers are so good. Some of my flips were out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers